My writing desk in 2017

Friday, April 20, 2018

The fairy community on our compound is located in the dragon tree--a union of ficus and peepal--in front of my captain's cabin bedroom on the ground floor and Aubrey's bedroom on the upper floor. That is why, on mellow afternoons, a shower of golden light dust descends from it to bless passersby and, at least once a month, late into the night, very soft rondalla music can be heard when the fairies are celebrating. Sometimes the music seems to be coming from the branches of the tree. More often it seems to be coming from the plant box in front of my sister Alice's house; I have often wondered why her plants are always lush and unusually well-groomed. When I step out into the driveway the music immediately stops; when I go back inside my bedroom and lie in bed once again, it resumes.

I wish to astral-travel in my dreams and attend one of those celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment