My writing desk in 2017

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Your Messenger message:

"Dear Sir Tony,

"I'm not sure if you can still remember me but I met you when I was in college through a writing workshop in ___. I finished Bachelor of Arts in __________ major in __________ and graduated as a Cum Laude. After that, I worked as a _________ teacher for _________s while reviewing for the _____ exam. I passed the exam. I studied Diploma in _______________ and finished it as well. After that, I went back to my hometown and worked as a _________ teacher in a state university for 2 years. It was too much for me even though it was already a good position so I resigned. Then I worked as a _________ teacher in a small school...but only stayed there for 6 months. I went back to ___________, worked homebased as an online _______ teacher, only stayed for more or less 6 months, then took another job again. I became a _________ for 6 months. I decided to go back to my hometown. I studied ____________, finished it and got __________________. Now, I'm working as a _______________ for almost 3 months now.
"So that's more or less what happened in my life. Now, here's the thing. I'm really feeling desperate because I'm __, have been through all that and yet I still don't know what I really want to do with my life. I don't have anything that I'm really passionate about. I feel like I should be old enough to be in a stable career but I don't.

"I really don't know what to do. I hope you can give me some advice. And please do keep this private. I don't want anybody else to know what's going on with me. Thank you. "Sincerely,

"_____________________________"


My reply:

Hello ______________!

First of all, no one tells me what to do--I never keep anything private because I need others to learn from everything I am posting online.

All of your life you have been conditioned to value educational degrees and careers that are service-oriented and that require giving much of yourself to others.

Here is my advice: It is time for you to be selfish. Get a job that pays well. Buy yourself a beautiful house, spend money on clothes and jewelry, travel, and have fun. Only then can you unleash your true passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment