My writing desk in 2017

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Your Hangout message:

"Hi Sir! 

"I would just like to ask you regarding my dream last night. 

"In my dream I was in a theater production. I was a part of the chorus, I think. The thing is I don’t remember acting on stage. The dream was just about a series of costume changes in the backstage. After each scene, we would hurry putting on an orange skirt and and orange kamisa. The material of the cloth was transparent like tule. The skirt was almost like a petticoat. 

"It was strange that we had to change our costumes often as it just looked the same except the length of the skirt and sleeves. What was stranger was that underneath, we wore our regular clothes (jeans, white shirt) which the transparent garments did not conceal. 

"I was not able to recognize who my companions were. Actually we were like soldiers or ROTC cadets ordered by the stage manager to go back and forth from the backstage to the stage.

"When I woke up this morning, I felt very tired. 

"Thank you very much for your time and good day., Sir."


My reply:

Hello ______!

You have been trying to please a group of people by catering to their expectations, but failing. Learn to see things from the points of view of others before commencing any kind of action.

The constant change of costume to similar costumes indicates that you are unable to adapt to situations using new strategies.

The best thing to do, of course, is to just be yourself and let others accept you for what you are. If they cannot do that, that is really their problem and not yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment